Food in Gangtok has influence of many different cultures. Best Restaurants in Gangtok serve excellent food. Though Sikkimese food is the specialty here, one can easily find authentic Tibetan, Nepalese and Indian Chinese cuisines. Momo’s, Wonton, Thenthuk, GyaThuk and Shah-Phaley are local specialty here in Gangtok.
I personally love to have local food items rather than sticking on our routine menu. The reason is quite obvious you can not expect great chola kulcha in Gangtok and a great momos in Chandigarh. So I would suggest you to try local Sikkim & Nepali food items while your stay in Gangtok.
The local brew called as Chang must be tried if you like to booze. We list some best places to eat in Gangtok, so that you do not miss the delectable side of Gangtok.
Best Restaurants And Eating Joints In Gangtok
Gangtok is a popular tourist destination so it offers best restaurants as per the requirement. I am compiling some of the best restaurants in gangtok which I personally like the most.
- Taste of Tibet: As the name suggests, it is the best place in Gangtok for Tibetan cuisine. It is situated at M.G. Road. The restaurant is open from 11 am till 8:30 pm. They serve mouth-watering dishes for both vegetarian and non-vegetarians. The speciality being Momo’s, Thukpa and Shah-Phaley.
- Enchey: It is a humble eating joint in Gangtok run by the monks. They serve slow-cooked Tibetan food and have limited options. If you are looking for some soul satisfying food, then this is worth giving a try.
- Baker’s Café: This is a place to satisfy the sweet-tooth cravings. You will find variety of tarts, cakes and pastries made to perfection. The décor is simply elite. The best restaurant to have sausages, sandwich, pancakes and burgers. The coffee house is open from 8 am till 8 pm. It is situated on M.G. Road.
- Dynasty: Situated opposite to Assembly Hall, in Ropeway Building, Dynasty restaurant offers authentic Chinese cuisine. The menu is elaborate, which includes cocktails, mocktails, starters, mains and desserts. The ambience and service is also very good, which is cherry on the cake.
- Parivar: If you want pure vegetarian food in north style, then this is the place. They have a big menu including almost every type of vegetarian food. The Thali is very famous, which is sufficient for one person. The quality and quantity of food served is really good and price is reasonable.
- Hamro Bhansa Ghar: If you are craving for a good Nepali food, then this place will offer you set authentic Nepali Thali. The ambience is bit gloomy, but the food and liquor should compensate for that.
- Pub 25: Situated in heart of the city at M.G.Road Pub 25 is a very good pub in Gangtok. This is one of the few restaurants that is open till 10 pm. The food and alcohol are little expensive, when compared to other similar places. But, the friendly staff, good service, amazing food and open till late has to be priced in some way!!
- Roll House: If you are looking for some food on the go, then a quick and yummy option is Roll House. With variety of fillings available, there is surely one for everyone. Also, it is value for money.
Any memorable vacation is incomplete without good local food. So, don’t miss the opportunity and try these places during your trip to Gangtok.